Smoked Pork Chops à la Chef Michael Timmins
2 smoked pork chops, Chef recommends Standen Acres pasture-raised pork
T garlic, chopped finely
¼ c dried cranberries
½ lb spinach, Chef recommends Presque Isle Farm
Handful of garlic scapes, roughly chopped, Chef recommends Presque Isle Farm
3 T paper thin sliced red onion
¼ heavy cream
1 T whole grain mustard
2 T chicken stock
6-8 candied walnuts
2 T high heat oil (canola, peanut, vegetable)
Pinch of wasabi microgreens, Chef recommends La Fresh Greens
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Start with a hot oven-safe saute pan, with a tablespoon of cooking oil and sear the pork chops 3 minutes on each side.
- Add a handful of garlic scapes and the chopped garlic, saute for another minute.
- Place the pan into a preheated oven for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute a tablespoon of oil, saute the cranberries and onions for 1-2 minutes, add the spinach and saute until wilted.
- Deglaze the pan with the chicken stock, add the heavy cream, and whole grain mustard, reduce to half.
- Place the sauteed vegetables on the plate in a pleasing configuration, slice the pork chop into small rectangles, and fan the pieces over the vegetables.
- Put more of the sauteed vegetables over the top.
- Sprinkle the meal with wasabi microgreens and candied walnuts. Voila!