100 Years of the Oakland County Farmers Market

Event, Farmers Markets, Find Local Food, Kelly Wilson, Southeast Michigan, Stories

The Oakland County Farmers’ Market has been bringing good food to Oakland County for nearly 100 years. Originally located in downtown Pontiac, the market first opened in 1922. Thirty one years later (1953), the market moved to its current location a few miles away in Waterford. The market still exists in this location and is currently operated by Oakland County Parks and Recreation.