Where to Find your Local Food Guide
It’s early summer in Michigan! And here at Taste the Local Difference, that means one thing: a new edition of our annual Local Food Guide. We’re busy hand delivering our Guides to a local food business near you!
Our Local Food Guide is the ultimate resource for finding local food in your neighborhood, with local food businesses listed by county, and resources for finding local breweries, wineries, distilleries and more, as well as farmers markets and u-pick stands. Interspersed throughout are delicious recipes from chefs around the state, and the stories of local food champions from the past year.
Our 2021 edition is being celebrated in a statewide, virtual ‘Get Your Guide’ Weekend June 11th-13th! Visit participating local food partners to receive a copy of our resource when you make a purchase that supports local entrepreneurs.
See the entire list of participating businesses here:
The Upper Peninsula:
- Bear Creek Organic Farm Market, Petoskey: Available at the counter of their new farm market
- POUR, Petoskey: Available at the entryway of the restaurant
- Danu Hof, Mancelona: A guide with any purchase!
Fainting Robin Farm, Williamsburg
- Hilbert’s Honey, Traverse City
- Buchan’s Blueberries, Traverse City
- Radish Street Food, Traverse City
- Oryana Community Co-op Stores: Get a guide with any purchase!
- Rove Estate, Traverse City
- Spanglish, Traverse City
- Edson Farms, Traverse City: Get a guide with any purchase!
- Morganic Farm, Fife Lake
- Grow Benzie Farmer’s Market, Benzie – Get a guide at the Monday market!
- Benzie Area Chamber of Commerce, Benzonia
Alchemy Farms, Maple City – Available at the farm and at the farmers market!
- Northern Natural Cider House, Kaleva
- Lutz Farms, Kaleva – Get a guide with your asparagus!
- Muskegon Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce, Muskegon
- Muskegon Farmers Market, Muskegon
- New City Neighbors, Grand Rapids: Get a guide with your CSA share!
- North Kent Connect, Rockford: Get a guide anytime you spend $5 at the Farm Stand!
- Shady Side Farm, Holland: Get a guide with every purchase at the farm or farmers market!
- Waverly Stone GastroPub, Holland: Get a guide when you grab a bite!
- Third Coast Barn Market, Fennville: Available at checkout!
- Empkie’s Farm Market, Port Austin: A guide with every farmers market order!
- Silly Sausage Food Cart
- Kalamazoo Farmers Market, Kalamazoo: Get a guide with any transaction at the Farmers Market booth!
- People’s Food Co-op, Kalamazoo: Get a guide with any purchase Friday or Saturday!
- Sunlight Gardens, Battle Creek: Get a guide at the Farm Workday!
- Corey Lake Orchards, Three Rivers
- River Saint Joe, Benton Harbor
- Marshall Area Farmers Market, Marshall
- Teffola (Tenera Grains), Hillsdale: Get a guide with any online order or at the Michigan Lavender Festival!
- Roaming Goat, Grass Lake: Get a guide with any takeout order!
- McPherson Local, Saline: Get a guide with any purchase!
- Pittsfield Township Farmers Market, Pittsfield Township: Get a guide with your online order or at the info table!
- Juicy Kitchen, Ann Arbor: Get a guide with any takeout order!
Ann Arbor Farmers Market: Get a guide with any credit card or EBT token purchase!
- Blom Meadworks, Ann Arbor: Get a guide with any curbside, delivery or to-go order!
- Ypsilanti Food Co-op, Ypsilanti: Get a guide with any new member packet or to-go order!
- Milford Farmers Market, Milford
- South Lyon Farmers Market, South Lyon
- Walled Lake Farmers Market, Walled Lake
- Northville Farmers Market, Northville
- Farmington Farmers Market, Get a guide in every market bag or at the info booth!
- Redford Township Farmers Market, Redford
- Michigan Farm to Freezer, Detroit: Get a guide at their stand at the Eastern Market!
- Northwest Detroit Farmers Market, Detroit
- Sister Pie, Detroit: Get a guide with your pre-order on June 11th or 12th!
- City Commons CSA, Detroit: Get a guide with your CSA share!
- Nurturing Our Seeds, Detroit: Get a guide with your CSA or at the farm stand!
- Fisheye Farms, Detroit: Get a guide with your CSA or at the farm stand!
- CDC Adamah Urban Farm, Detroit: Get a guide with your CSA!
- D Town Farm, Detroit
- ROI Urban Farms, Detroit
- Eastern Market, Detroit: Get a guide at the info booth!
- Folk, Detroit: Get a guide with any order!
- Keep Growing Detroit, Detroit: Get a guide with any online order or CSA share!
- Cornwall Bakery, Grosse Pointe Park: Get a guide with any purchase!
- East Warren Farmers Market, Warren: Get a guide with any order!
- Royal Oak Farmers Market, Royal Oak: Get a guide at the food vendor booth!
- Great Lakes Pot Pies, Clawson
- Troy Farmers Market, Troy
- Order Up Organic: Get a guide with any order or farmers market stand!
- Caro Farmers Market, Caro: Get a guide with any newsletter signup or purchase!
Our Local Food Guide is being distributed across the state, and can be found at any of the locations found in our map!
Do you want a fresh copy sent directly to your door?
Head to localdifference.org/getyourguide to have your Guide mailed directly to your address — or become a Local Food Club member to receive a fresh copy along with your welcome gifts (like a Taste the Local Difference market tote, our digital cookbook, and more!)
Claire Butler is the Communications Coordinator for Taste the Local Difference. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find more great stories here.